Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mini Q9 available for purchase

Hello everybody.

On the previous post I was showing you a test print done with the new printer at Shapeways.
The result is really great and since it doesn't require a lot of post process I've decide to make it available for purchase with their "shop" system.
It will only require glue and assembly and you can decide to paint it or not, it's up to you. On my sample there was still some support material stuck in the tiny hollowed parts but the overall feeling is nice. It's visible on the picture on the previous post.

So if you ever feel to buy one of those little guy, don't hesitate to go here:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/freetimetoys

Please, watch out as all parts are separate for order and you will have to order two HeadStraight to be sure to have a complete model. At the end you need to have 10 pieces in your shopping cart.
This model is pretty small and is around 10 centimeter tall when assembled so it's about 3.93 inches height.
I know the price might look a lot for such a little guy but for the moment 3D prints are still expensive and the specific material used to do it is expensive too.

Watch out also as the material I've select for you and which allows a great finish is a temporary offer from shapeways, still a few weeks left. They might continue working with it and it's really something I hope as it's the first time I get such a high quality with 3D print.

Of course, you don't have to order all the pieces, but there's a limit of 25$ I think. So you can for example order only the upper parts, or only with the middle head. It's up to you.

Hope you will enjoy this little guy, and I hope to be able to do other characters in the future

1 comment: