For the little story, I first send the 3D modeling to Shapeways as I've done the other with them, the resul this time was awfull, don't know why but it seems like the quality control there is really bad, there's probably no quality control.
Anyway, so I had to fight a bit with them for a refund and I've then send the file to Materialise, the guys with who I've done my big projects, they are a bit more expensive but at least they are real pro and they know how to use their printer.
The print came early this week and since then I've spend all my evenings sanding it. On Doublas I had to re-sand it after the first layer of paint as the print layers where still visible. So for Garada I wanted to avoid this and spend enough time on the sanding. It was clean this morning and since I had a full day off, well I decided to paint it. The print layers where still a bit visible even after all this sanding but it was not that bad so I've decide to keep it like this. The first layer turned out great, but then the green was just a mess. I don't know why but I was mixing some colors to get the green but when adding the thinner it started to make some little drop when sprayed. I was thinking that my airbrush was maybe a bit dirty so I've clean it and redo the same mix. But it turned out the same way, again little drops. I've clean everything one more time and this time I've decided to use water instead of the thinner and yes this time it was working.
Since it was a bit painfull with the green, I haven't paint the body with the slightly brighter green, but with the same color to avoid more troubles.
After a few other accident, the Garada was painted and glued. Ok you have to know that I'm doing all those stuff in my basement with a crappy light. And when I went upstairs with this little guy, I've discover that the green, that was looking ok down there, was a bit too funky pop green. Damn, I've build a disco fluo Garada K7. Well it's not that bad but it's slightly off and feel a bit weird. I will have to watch out for this if I do a full size one. I also noticed one thing, the head might be a tiny bit too small when looking at the general proportions.
But at the end I'm quite happy with those three little guys, they look pretty nice together and at least I will be able to display them at home since they don't take much space.
As usual, here's the picts, enjoy!
Next mission: Finish the clear Doublas M2. ARGLLLL even more sanding......:))