Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rokuron Q9 Version 2.0

When I did my first big replica, I got some help of a really talented 3D modeler because I was a bit rusty with my modeling skills back then.
The result was really nice but overall the model was not really accurate. It's a bit my fault as I should have maybe spend more time checking everything and comparing with the original.

Well, I was really happy anyway since the result was beyond my expectations, but since I've done other replica now and they're a bit more accurate I decided to see what I can do with Rokuron to have it a bit better.

So here's a few image of the early modeling test. I've mainly  work on the heads, the body and the legs for the moment. But it already gives a good idea and it looks already much better.


One of the things that disturbed me a lot with the first one I did was the jaws, they were pointing a bit forward but on the original it actually backward. I think that I'm more or less there with the heads now.


Still a lot of things to adjust, the body is really far from perfect for the moment as the model is really with lots of faces, so maybe I will have to clean it a bit or spend lots of time on it to have it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment