Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Daltanious rehab

Here's a little work in progress on a Robot Factory Daltanious rehab. I saw one on auctions that was missing his lion head on the chest, some stickers were missing also. It sounded like a good challenge for me to try to make him look proud again. How to replicate the head when you don't have access to a real one? Well you do it in 3D and then you print it in stereolythography. A good friend and fellow collector send me some pictures from his lion head and also some measure and I was able to do something quite close to the real one.

I still need to finalize this thing as it's in stand by for the moment because I focus more on the Mach Baron car.
You will see it here once it's finish. Hope in two weeks or something.

Here's the first images of the 3D model


And with some colors to have a better idea



And here's the 3D print without any post process yet


1 comment:

  1. You're doing some great work. If only we all had magic 3D foundries...

    ReplyDelete