Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Some news

Hello all.

Well, it's been some time now since my last post, but this doesn't mean that nothing is going on.
After my wonderfull holidays, and some really good times, a nice little rush was waiting for me at the office and it was hard to focus on something else.
I still had the time to start some research on several stuff I want to try some day and on some ways to produce some of my stuff.

Nothing really concrete for the moment, but I really would like to try a bit more casting resin and experiment some stuff like complex molds and all.

Now that I have a more precise idea about all that, I've decide to go back on my sanding sessions. Yeah I know, I've already told this lots of times, but I hate sanding.....And right now I'm back on the clear Doublas, and the bad news is that I have to sand both sides of each piece to try to achieve the result I'm looking for. So, long evenings sanding and sanding even more.....

It's really the painfull part of this technic, of course I can ask for pieces that are already sanded but it almost multiply the cost by 3....So even if it's not time saving for me, it's highly cost saving to do it myself.

So, nothing to show really for the moment but you can expect to see some work in progress of this little guy pretty soon.

Once it's complete, I think I will do a break with the sanding and try to do some custom project and avoid 3D printing for a moment, even if I have huge projects for that in the future, it might be good to play with something else for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment