Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Experimentations

Today is the day of experimentation.
One of the biggest 3D software company have a little application that can create 3D models based on pictures. The concept is pretty simple, you just take lots of pictures of an object, or a building, a sculpture or even a human. You shoot from many different angle and the soft compute a volume based on that.
Sound simple but it's impressive, since you have nothing to do, the software manage to get interesting result.

I came up with the idea of trying to use that to create a base reference for the Hasami Jaguar leg and finally had time to test it. Well, the result is impressive but far from usable. There's holes in the 3D mesh and there's some strange shapes. So nothing like a good set of pictures and some dimensions references. I wanted to share the result, since with the texture it's really impressive, but when you look at the mesh it's another story.

I'm pretty sure that there's a better way to take pictures and optimize all that, I might try that in a couple of days to see if I get something more accurate.

So, here's a little turnaround of that thing, enjoy the red carpet :))


I guess that once I will have finish my big project, it will be time to focus on his leg, he's been waiting too long with this spray can as a leg.
Talking about the current project, well, still in sanding process, more or less at the half of it. I really hope to be able to finalize it for around mid June, but I'm a bit too busy day and night with "real" work. It's hard to manage all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment