Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Gold is a HUGE pain

I was maybe happy too early with the second version of gold. When I've check it in the morning with day light, it was more like a bronze color. I've clearly add  too much red to the gold and the result was not that great.

After a day at work, thinking of it and how not accurate that was, I decided to go for a third attempt on the gold. But this time with more testing before going with the airbrush.

After a few attempt I've manage to get something more close to the original, more yellow gold. So I've decide to go for it. The result is kind of ok, but I've probably add to much colors to the gold to get something more close and it has remove a bit of the metalic look of the gold paint. So it's more like a metalic mustard color now, but it looks good enough.

Now, I need to finalize that launcher but that will be for after my holidays. Now it's time for a cool break and some rest.

So here's a few pictures of the paint. The first one is with the bronze look.


And that one is with the last gold attempt, the pict is a bit too saturated but it's more or less like this now.


It's way more accurate when I compare it with the image reference I have of it, and the mix of colors is more balanced.

And here's another pict with other light conditions. I really need to do more pictures of it but that will have to wait a bit.



2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow...amazing !
    Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is clearly a labor of love of the toy and hobby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete