Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Quick update

YEEESSS the sanding is done.

Well, this time it was easier as there's a lot of area that doesn't really require sanding as the idea is to keep the grain.
I had some time this morning to put the primer coat and it actually looks pretty cool. It's the first time I use a primer on my big replicas because it's so sanded that the surface is more than ready for paint. Since it's not the case, I wanted to be sure and put a primer on it.

It's fun to see it like that as my modeling previews are also in gray, so it's probably the closest he will look to that.

Now it's time to play with the airbrush and see how it goes. I'm a bit in a rush as I want to have it finish by the end of the week so, every little hour here and there is nice.

Here's some picts with the primer.




I wanted to share those as it's easier to see the volume of the sculpt as now it's of course less translucent. The 3D print quality is really amazing.


And here's a little extra. I've work on the stickers for the eyes and I've make a quick version to print with lots of eyes with little variations so that after it's printed, I can choose which one looks the best. This image iteself is pretty nice, some kind of mix between Verner Panton and Vasarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment