Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time for a sneak preview

Ok, so today I'm posting some work in progress on the last little vilain I've decide to make.
Doublas M2, Rokuron Q9 and Garada K7 are for me the most amazing vilains and probably most amazing toys produced. When I had the idea to print my Q9 in a small size, the concept of having the two other also was really turning into my head.

The paint on the Q9 is almost finish, I try to alternate some paint sessions with some 3D modeling. So I will probably post something with it soon.
The small Doublas is on his way and I can't wait to see how he will look.
And the modeling of Garada is on the right tracks I think. There's still a lot to do but the basics are there. Still need to finalize a lot of parts, do the line on his body, maybe reduce the one on the pelvis. The sickles are rough for the moment. But overall, I quite like the look for now.

Can't wait to have all this infernal trio printed and painted.


Just a little edit after a good night of sleep on this work in progress. After looking at a lot of pict of real Garada, well I'm still far for the face I think. There's something really strange in the original and I would like to capture that. It's somthing with proportions, the size of the neck compare to the face, the face looks a bit more flat. Anyway, still a few evening to work on this guy before he's perfect and ready for print.

Oh and while I'm at it, here's a little something for fun: I wanted to make a box for the small Q9 and here's the first idea based on the boxes of the first Vilains release. I know that Rokuron box is not like that but since I don't have all the other yet and I'm not planning on doing the other from the second release. I was thinking that a version like that could be cool too.

And the small detail, it's not written  Jumbo Machinder in Japanse but Tchibi Machinder (if I remember well as I'm far from able to speak or read Japanese) It's supposed to say small but in a cute way.

No comments:

Post a Comment