Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Monday, February 20, 2012

New box for the mini villains

I was pretty happy with the design of the boxes I've done for the mini villains, based on the original design of the first serie. But little Garada and little Rokuron are from second serie then I had in mind all the time that it could be cool to push the detail to the next level and have a mini replica of the original box of this second serie.
Well, those of you familiar with those bad boys know how hard it is to find a boxed second serie villain. But a good friend and fellow collector who owns those precious boxes helped me and provided me with high resolution pictures of his and after a little stop by photoshop, then the print shop, here they are.



They are a bit too big compare to the little guys but it's  because I had to match the depth and little Garada is pretty deep with his launcher and the trigger in the back. I still have to work on the insterts to put them properly and safely in their new boxes.

I'm still not sure of which version I prefer, on the previous one there's only the main character displayed:


And on the new one there's of course the whole second serie, so maybe I will have to do the whole set to be give this new box the real meaning of it. Hey but that's a hell of a job :))

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these, I'd buy all three if they ever went on sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.
      I was really hoping to be able to produce them one day but it seems that things are on hold on this for a long time.

      Delete