Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rivets and cleaning

The end is closer and closer.

All the rivets are done now, each piece is clean and ready for paint and normally the paint is schedule to start tomorrow. So this is probably one of the last post before the completition of this project.

Here's a few picts with the rivets, it's hard to see of course as the material is quite translucent and those little details are hard to get.
Always tricky to do those rivets since once you touch the surface with the driller, you can't really do anything but drill. Each touch is a rivet and even if I've trace everything before, there's still a few stuff here and there that are not aligned, but I don't really mind as it's probably even more off on the real one.

Ok ok it's another batch of white Garada in front on a white wall, but since he's spending almost all the time in a box is separate pieces, each time I put it together for a check, I can't stop staring at him and take pictures.

I know, you don't really see the rivets here, but this guy is so hypnotic...


Here's a few in high resolution, those tiny rivets are visible.




A few more just for pleasure




And a last one because it's not just always against a white wall. This was drying time after a big wash to remove all the dust from sanding and drilling and to prepare the surface for paintng.


It's the first time the two prints are united again since the print. The other one was sanded and prepared by my friend as I'm not crazy enough to spend double time on the sanding.

It's going to be hard to sleep tonight, tomorrow at 7am I'm on the road for the painting. Can't wait to have that guy finally over.

See you soon for the final chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment