Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Frankenrada

Here's the begining of the next step: the rivets.
On my previous big project, the Rokuron Q9, I've drill all the rivets a bit freestyle and it ended quite well, but there a tiny details that I didn't like. Like on one leg a set of rivets was slightly higher than on the other one.

So for this project I've decide to fist trace everything before drilling.
It's really hard to say on the pict but I have the impression the the space between the rivets is a bit too big. I guess that I will have to spend hours in front of all the reference images I have and compare with my placement. But it's hard to evaluate that on those picts. Of course it doesn't need to be super accurate, but I would like to be as close as possible.

Here's the picts, at one point it reminded me of Frankenstein with all his little marks on the connections.



The fingers looks correct, I have more a doubt for the feet, maybe the rivets needs to be more close to the edge, and with less spacing between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment