Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rokuron, the first project

So this is old news for a lot of you as this was my really first big project.
Maybe I should have started my blog with this one, but since it was described in a Brog at TBDX a long time ago I've skip it. Then as the whole idea here is to display all my project I was thinking it can be interesting to show it also as it was my first experience with 3D printers and the opening of interesting perspective and ideas.

For that project I had a huge help on the modeling, when I first had the idea of doing something like that I was not sure to be able to model it myself properly as I had not model anything for a long long time. Since then I've put my modeling skills up to date and I take a lot of pleasure to do it.

The idea was to test the 3D print process with something interesting. And as you can see it turned out great. A bit expensive at the end so a bit frustrating as you have to choose witch project will go until this stage.

But I've learn a lot with it and as I said before, a lot of new perspective for me because of this project.

You can read the original post here with the full story :http://toyboxdx.com/brog/?p=3020

And here's some picts side by side with an original. As you can see, and as usual with me now, this is not 100% accurate, the original is more rounded on the hips, the jaws are going to much to the front on mine. But the overall feeling is pretty cool and I can say that each time I'm looking at it, well I just love him like that.




As you can see also, I've re-use a lot of the modeling to do the Black Ox design, which was also the idea then, so that it looks like a real part of the line. But I really want to try to make a hero character much more like original Hero Machinders but I need more freetime for that :))

No comments:

Post a Comment