Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Golden Boots & Rivets

Double news for today:

First, the leg for the Jaguar is finish, and I can't feel the end of my finger as I've sand too much yesterday evening to finish that thing. I have to say that I've been super slow to start this projects but once I've start it, it was really fun to do.
So, the colors are matching more or less, but it really looks brand new compare to the other leg and the rest of the body.



I was afraid of that, the new feeling compare to the old one, and I was tempted to go for a full repaint of the whole Jaguar. Give him a fresh new look. But after staring at him for an hour this morning, I've decide to keep it like this and avoid falling into the dark side. I'm already super happy that now he can stand normally and I can enjoy him as he should be.


The second news, is that the rivets for the Green Ghost are done. I've never really realise that this little guy had so much rivets, of course you can see that he's got some, but once you have to drill them one by one, it just seems super long. Arms and legs are easy and I knew with the Garada how long it will take, but his little skirt, the body and the head are full of rivets. I still have to fine tune the sanding here and there to be super clean and it will be ready for paint.



That's a bit it for the latest news, normally  the next one will be the finished Green Ghost and after that, back to some virtual work before giving life to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment