Welcome at FreeTime Toys

Hello everybody and welcome here. This blog will be dedicated to the few toys projects I will do during my free time. You can expect some toys rehab, some design adaptation and some brand new design.

If you are here you probably know my taste for Jumbo Machinder, so most of my projects are related to those big guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Leg Transplant

I was really excited today as I've pick up the 3D print of the Jaguar leg. Excited and anxious that it will fit and have the good size and that the Hasami Jaguar will stand up.
And it was a real pleasure to see that everything was fitting perfectly, and also really strange to see my toy standing up without having something to hold him.

Here's a wide shot to show how it looks, it was a bit a challenge as on the original leg, there's some kind of angle between the whole leg orientation and the connection part. When you look at the body, it's cut straight in the axis but the leg os looking on the exterior. I was afraid that the angle was off and that it was not symetrical, but as you can see it just fit perfectly and looks symetrical.


And here's some closer shots for details. It's more or less good at the connection for the golden part of the leg, seems it match the original. What I'm really happy is that I've see lots of originals not able to stand straight or looking a bit weird, but it's not the case at all with this replacement leg.



Now, it's time for the usual sanding process and there's going to be a lot of work on that one. I have to say that the print quality is not as good as usual, some layer lines are really visible but on weird places, maybe there's some shapes that the lasers don't like. So I guess that a bit of putty will do the trick, and it's my mission for tonight so tomorrow will be the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment